Massage can assist to:
- Decrease medication usage
- Decrease perceived pain
- Reduce stress/anxiety
- Reduce frequency, intensity and duration of your headache.
Massage can assist to:
Sitting down for prolonged periods of time can cause problems such as chronic back pain, poor posture, and even potentially deadly diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
Do you spend a lot of time sitting down for your job? Here are some of the impacts on the body – Brain, neck and shoulder issues, back problems, leg disorder, muscle degenerate, deterioration of organs. Why not get up now and stretch!
Massage therapy helps alleviate sciatic nerve pain in 2 ways:
1. Tight lower back muscles can place stress on
your nerve roots. Massage therapy loosens these muscles and helps prevent pinching or irritation.
2. A massage encourages the release of pain-fighting endorphins—this can provide temporary relief from symptoms like the throbbing pain in your foot or the burning sensation in your leg.
• Health Benefit of Massage #7 – Remedial Massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissue of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes.
• Health Benefit of Massage #8 – Treating Sports Injuries – Massage reduces inflammation and swelling so tissues heal faster and with less discomfort. Some techniques also assist to limit the formation of scar tissue.
• Health Benefit of Massage #4- It reduces cortisol, which is a major stress hormone that can cause high blood pressure, blood sugar, suppressed immune system function and obesity.
• Health Benefit of Massage #5 – It relieves headaches, by decreasing the frequency and severity of tension headaches. Research from Granada University in Spain found that a single session of massage therapy has an immediate effect on perceived pain in patients with chronic tension headaches.
Get the most out of your Remedial Massage and STRETCH!
Benefits of Stretching.
*Helps to assist with muscle soreness/stiffness and injury prevention.
*Increased flexibility of the muscles and range of motion in the joints.
*Increased circulation and energy levels.
*Alleviates lower back and neck pain.
*Assists in reducing headaches and stress in the body.