Benefits of Massage for Fibromyalgia patients are, increased serotonin levels, decreased circulating stress hormones, decreased levels of substance P ( basically a pain messenger), decreased tender point pain, improved mobility, sleep patterns and improved overall sense of well-being!
- Massing the knee will help to take the pressure off the nerves that are causing you pain.
- Helps to stimulate blood flow.
- The muscles surrounding the joints relax, which will assist in relieving some of the pain.
- Releasing Stiffness and allowing for better range of motion and mobility.
• Health Benefit of Massage #1 – Massage counteracts the imbalance caused from sitting. Postural stress from sitting causes pain and weakness in the lower back and gluteals. If you have a desk job, schedule regular massages!
• Health Benefit of Massage #2 – Do you have sore muscles? Massage increases and improves circulation and helps relieve pain.
• Health Benefit of Massage #3 – Massage boosts our white blood cell count, which plays a large role in defending the body from disease.